Sunday, November 30, 2008

Can the World Get Good Again?

Another year has come and is almost gone. You look out the window and you see hints of green and red. It is that time of the year when people take on a whole different attitude of smiles, friendliness, kindness and caring. It's this time of the year when hope comes alive once more or at least alot more then usual. It is when even the meanest gang banger turns a bit nicer, maybe it's because they still have hope that Santa will bring them something other then an empty stocking.

This time of year is when the shows on television seem to have a less then normal awfulness about them. They bring out the family oriented shows, the be kind to your fellow man kind of shows. The kind of shows that make you feel good, the kind that you wished they have all year long.

I am an older person but not that old (I don't think) but I can remember when bra commercials first came on tv and the women had to wear a leotard underneath and people thought it was so terrible, so almost X-rated. Boy have times changed! Now it's nothing to turn the channel and see an almost naked female in a g-string. I remember when there were only 3 channels on tv. I remember black and white tv. Some of this changing world has gotten better but I'd be safe to say that 75% of it has gotten worse. I almost wish I could turn back time to make this world a cleaner, safer place for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Make it to where you could let them walk to the corner store by themselves and you knew they would be safe. Now days even at my age I'm alittle scared to walk by myself and I can see the store from my window!

What made the world change so much for the worst? Who is responsible? Can't they change it back gradually and make it alittle more like it used to be? If it keeps going forward at the rate it has over the past 30 years, we are in a heap of trouble. I can't even fathom what this world will be like for those just now being born. I have to say that it scares the hell out of me. If I knew then what I know now I would of probably thought long and hard about bring new lives into this world.

I love my kids, I love my grandkids, but I am so sorry that they had to grow up in a world as it is today. I wish I could move out west, out away from all the city life and live life simple and safe. I'd have all my children and their children move there with me and start our own town. Grow our own food, make our own clothes, live off the land. I wouldn't completely isolate them from the outside world but I sure wouldn't have them living right in the middle of it.

It wouldn't be perfect but it would be alot more perfect then what we live in now! And you know what. They would probably grow up alot smarter then most kids now days. Sure, they'd have computers for learning but they sure wouldn't be allowed to sit infront of it for countless hours playing video games! We didn't allow our kids to have nintendo or x-box and our kids are alot more healthy and alot smarter then alot of their friends. They don't have weight problems and they know how to relate to people of all ages.

If parents would just do one thing like make their kids NOT sit inside the house glued to video games or the computer, I think the world would start changing for the better. If they would sign them up for sports, the old fashion kind where you had to be good enough to play or get a trophy instead of the way it is now, I think the world would start changing for the better.

I could go on and on with this subject but it is late and I need to sleep so all I am asking is for you to think about it. What would you do to help this world change for the better?

No comments: