Thursday, November 27, 2008

Taking Off Their Clothes

Well here I am once more. I got to do one of my most favorite things this evening. My daughter called and asked if my little grandaughter could come over for awhile and although I had a thousand things to do I just couldn't turn it down. I enjoy being able to spend time with my grandkids. I only wish it was possible for me to be able to have them all come spend time with me but since I have 2 in Kentucky and 2 in Georgia, well it's impossible. I am so happy that I have at least 1 here in Michigan close enough for me to have a relationship with.

My little Lexie is such a live wire. She keeps me very busy while she's here. In fact I do believe she's the reason I've lost about 15 pounds the last couple months. God Bless her little heart. I should say big heart because she has so much love to give. She just now this day turned 1 years old and even though she is so young, she is so helpful. I didn't think I'd get much done around here while she was here but I think I got more done then I would of if she hadn't been here!

I had to peel 5 pounds of potatoes for tomorrow and she was very interested in what I was doing so I let her help me. She sat on the counter next to me and I took off the potatoes clothes. I figured she could relate to that language. Then she watched while I chopped them into smaller pieces. I told her that the big potatoes were having babies, alot of babies. I filled the pan with water and sat it in the sink on the other side of her.

I told her that all those little potatoe babies were dirty and needed to take a bath. I would then hand her each piece one by one and she would throw them in the bath water. She seemed to be enjoying herself immensely but she was definitely taking her job seriously. Well I grabbed 2 pieces instead of one, she took both of them and at the same time threw them into the water. There it was, a big plop and splash! Well that tickled her funnybone I guess because she got the biggest grin on her face.

That changed the whole outlook of this job she was performing so seriously. After that, handfuls of potatoes would go flying into the water and the plops would become bigger and bigger! Oh what joy! Just about that time she got a good plop on it and SPLASH! The water went everywhere and here came the belly giggles. I have never had so much fun peeling a bunch of potatoes! Now everytime I have to do that dreaded job, I don't think it will be so bad because of this wonderful memory we made together.

No comments: