Friday, November 28, 2008

The Christmas List

I have been feeling under the weather as they say. In other words....I am sick! Anyways, although I feel like crap I have been enjoying countless hours of watching different Christmas shows on television. Most of them I have never seen before. One especially I enjoyed, it's called "The Christmas List". It isn't one of the greastest all timers but it really got me to thinking. Why not make a Christmas List? A old fashioned Wish List? Even though you probably won't get any of it anyway and more then likely you won't show it to anyone then WHY NOT make a list of things you want no matter how out-ragous!

For year after year my husband and my kids ask me the same old question of what do you want for Christmas? And year after year I can't think of anything I really want, only things I need. Things that make the most sense logically and finacially. I think what I am trying to do is get into the spirit. I'll try anything at this point since for countless years this has been the most depressing time of the year for me.

I have figured out something that I really really want but unfortunately it is just a wish and it will always be a wish. No one on earth can give it to me. I would like "Dreams" yes I said dreams. From now until Christmas I would like to have a different dream everynight where memories of my past would feel like they've came to life. That would be the next best thing to being the real ones.! Silly isn't it. It'll never happen but that's what I want. The next thing one my list would include me remembering the dream or memory and writing it down and making a book out of all of them for myself to read over and over throughout the year and years to come.

So get out your pad of paper and pen, sit down and write a nice long list of things you want regardless of how big or small, regardless of how unrealistic and make your list!

No comments: