Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Special Treats to Eat

I don't know where it came from, I mean my mind was no where close to thinking about this. It just kind of popped into my head! All of a sudden I started thinking about snacks I use to make for my kids. This is really strange because I'm not even hungry. So here it is for any of you that might be interested. Keep checking back to this particular blog entry because I will no doubt in the future think of another recipe and add to it. If you try them I'd sure like to hear how you liked them.

First> PIGGIES IN A BLANKET (I'm sure you've all heard of those)

Take hotdogs and cut them in half so they arent too long for little hands. Take a tube of regular biscuits and flatten them. Place a 1/2 of a slice of cheese on each biscuit. On top of that place you hotdog. Roll the biscuit around the hotdog making sure the cheese is totally enclosed in the biscuit. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350* oven. Bake at least 5 minutes then watch them close till they are a golden brown. Optional-you can use smokie links instead of hotdogs



Second> REGULAR PIZZA BUNS

On a cookie sheet place each half of a hamburger bun crust down. Then spoon on each bun either pizza sauce or spagetti sauce (I liked spagetti sauce best) On top of that, place whatever kind of cheese you want. You can add any other kind of topping you want depending on your preference. Pepperoni, mushrooms, etc......
Bake in 350* oven for about 15-20 minutes.



Third> MINI PIZZAS

Get tubed biscuits. Flatten each one. On top of each one put either pizza or spagetti sauce. Then add some cheese and whatever else you want. Bake in a 350* oven until the biscuits are golden brown. IMPORTANT! It doesnt take long so watch them close.


All of the above recipes are a big hit with the little ones because they are just the right size! I've also found that the littiest ones remember these all their life so it almost becomes a tradition and they are easy enough for them to help out in making them. More then likely, they too will end uo making them for and with their children.

No comments: