Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kept myself pretty busy today. Even though it went from T-shirt weather yesterday to 14 inches of snow today, Michael & I walked to the public library today. Actually it wasn't that bad of a walk. We talked all the way there and back. I am amazed that even after 30 years we still have stuff to talk about. Weird huh? We ended up with 2 bags full of videos to watch. After we got back for awhile, I deiscovered we were running short of our "nasty habit" cigarettes. The smoke shop isnt really all that far but it's about a half mile one way. Well I refuse to drive when there's snow on the roads so if I was gonna go I was gonna have to walk. All our vehicles are not running at the moment for one reason or another anyways. Our son & daughter in laws car is here but I told him I wouldn't drive it unless I asked first but I would in no way take their car out on these roads even with permission. That's all I need is to have one of these no driving idiots these days run into me.
Yes my back is still in intense pain but if you don't make yourself get up and move around, it'll tighten up and hurt worse, right? Needless to say, I set out walking the long mile haul, in the snow. To get to the store is basically a main street, fairly busy 24 hours a day. The first block is like a strip mall (none of them had shoveled) the next block is the hospital (No they hadn't shovel either!) Finally I have to walk past a church and thank the Lord they shoveled! Rest of the way- snow. I couldn't even get relief by trying to walk in the road, they roads hadn't been plowed either! I had to drudge through knee-high snow all the way there and back EXCEPT for in front of the church. My word, it's Friday, they don't even have church on Friday but people came all the way in just to make sure the sidewalk was shoveled. Now whats wrong with the rest of the people who are behind those business walls the rest of the half mile? Where's the city plow trucks? I mean you did notice I said I had to pass a hospital right? That's bad when they don't even keep a path open for ambulances!
Where was I going in this blog writing anyway? I forgot! LOL Oh well. By the time I walked that long mile, trudging through 14 inches of knee-high snow, I looked like the abondible smowman. Tonight, I am paying for it. My back is killing me! I guess I would of been better off walking alittle slower? I guess even though I don't have any insurance, if my back doesn't let up in another day or so I will have to go to the ER and get it checked out. If I do, I'm sure I will have alot to say about my visit. I don't know how it is where you live but around here, the doctors treat you like your a drug addict so getting any help for pain is almost out of the question unless the admit you into the hospital and with no insurance--might as well forget that idea unless your on your death bed.
Oh my goodness, it's 2:30 am! I guess I'd better stop for now and try to get some sleep. I didn't get much sleep at all last night because Alexis was here until almost 4 am. Oh now I remember what I was gonna write about! Oh well, too late now. Maybe I'll write about that in my next blog. To all of you--- Have a good night or day, whatever time it is for you!

No comments: